Avocado Hummus Healthy Recipe With Tahini
Avocado hummus is an awesome healthy snack or party appetizer that most people love. This healthy avocado hummus recipe with tahini doesn't use garbanzo beans which is great news for those that are sensitive or following a paleo or keto eating plan!
Avocado Hummus Ingredients
- Zucchini, peeled and cubed
- Avocado, ripe
- Tahini, no added oil
- Lemon juice, fresh squeezed is best but bottled will do in a pinch
- Salt, Cumin, Garlic, Nutritional yeast
You'll notice there are no chickpeas in this recipe. The bulk of this hummus is zucchini with creamy avocado but with the added tahini, lemon, and cumin it tastes surprisingly like the original.
Throw it in a Blender
This is the EASIEST recipe ever! Once your zucchini is peel and cubed, toss everything in the blender and mix until smooth.
Add to a serving bowl and top with smoked paprika and cilantro.
Hummus is Served
Then top with a cut shamrock cucumber slice.
Hummus is best served with vegetables, pita crackers, and sliced cheeses. Arrange your cucumbers in the shape of a 4-leaf clover for a little extra flair.
This hummus makes a fabulous addition to a St. Patrick's Day party spread. If you'd like a little extra “Luck of the Irish”, pump up the green color by leaving a little zucchini skin, a few spinach leaves, or some cilantro prior to blending.
The Luck of the Irish
When it's all done, serve it up with an Irish Flag with Shamrock Veggie Platter, and golden baked cheese “coins”.
I hope you love this avocado hummus as a healthy snack as much as we do! And you don't even have to let them know it's healthy, cause it definitely doesn't taste like it is!
If you try this crazy hummus recipe, I'd love to hear about it in the comments below. And if you share photos, I want to see it too! Please tag us @partieswithacause on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. We love celebrating all your hard work!
Then join me, your Healthy Hostess for better-for-you holiday and party foods. Grab your free food substitution guide as the first step in your next healthy holiday gathering.Follow
- Vitamix Blender
- 1 med Avocado ripe
- 2 med Zucchini peeled
- 1/4 cup Tahini no added oil
- 2 1/2 Tb Lemon Juice fresh
- 2 Tb Olive or Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Cumin powdered
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Peel and dice zucchinis and place in blender
- Cut and scoop avocado into blender
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour into serving bowl and garnish with smoked paprika and cilantro
- Enjoy with crudite platter, crackers, and cheese
Pin it for Later
More Creative Veggie Ideas
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Rounds
- Coral Reef Veggie Tray – Under the Sea
- Ladybug Appetizer – Fun Snacks for Kids
- Snowman Veggie Tray Holiday Tutorial