A simple dumpling soup recipe that you can dress up or down is a great option for your hostess arsenal! Or when you're sick of eating the same old thing.
This is a BASIC recipe you can use and then adjust to your liking. I've added a few of my favorite recommendations at the bottom in the “notes” section.
Simple Dumpling Soup
- Soup pan
- 8 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Carrots thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 cup Celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 Tb Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tb Butter melted
- 1 cup Milk
- In a large pot add the broth and bring it to boil
- Add in veggies and let simmer
- Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl
- Melt butter in saucepan and add milk until warm
- Add warm liquid to dry ingredients and mix well
- Form into 1/2" balls of dough, adding additional flour if needed
- Add dumplings to broth and let simmer on medium/low heat for 10 minutes
- Broth will thicken as the dumplings cook
- Serve several dumplings in each bowl and add a ladle of broth and veggies
- Add chicken: Make it fancy by adding chicken, use cooked shredded chicken at the end for an easy upgrade or add cubed chicken in the beginning with the veggies
- Asian twist: add ginger, scallions, and thinly sliced mushrooms. Diced tofu optional.
Additional Easy Party Recipes
- Eggless Crepe Recipe Ingredients you've got in your pantry
- Cranberry Brie Tart Easy Holiday Appetizer
- Skinny White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe
Pin it for Later
Get your Healthy Food Susbstitution List for BEGINNERS
If you're ready to improve your lifestyle and the health of your family, join me in the "Healthy Hostess" movement. Where we serve great food to the people we love. With food that nourishes the body and events that feed the soul. Use this food subtitution list to plan more intentional holidays and gatherings. Collect healthier recipes, less stuff, and more meaningful memories, with me at Parties With A Cause.