Light the World This Christmas
Are you ready to Light the World this Christmas? I’m always on the lookout for holiday traditions that get my children thinking about and serving others.
I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and a Christian. Most importantly I believe in Jesus Christ and know we must be His hands to lighten the burdens of one another. Regardless of your belief, I think we can all agree we live in a world where people need help more than ever.
Worldwide Day of Service
The holidays are about giving. Join me in a service campaign to #LIGHTtheWORLD this December!
In the spirit of holiday giving I’m inviting YOU to participate in the Light the World campaign. How does one light the world you ask? This year it’s easier than ever. Tuesday, December 1st kicks off a month of giving with a simple donation to the charity of your choice.
Find something you can do, anything, to help another person. The more people you can impact the better. Then continue your service for the whole month. There’s a different focus each day, sometimes outward service, other times in your own home or family.
Visit the official page for ideas, videos, and additional suggestions.
Serve those in another part of the world.
- Donate to Heifer International and give a goat!
- Donate to CARE to fight poverty around the globe
- Donate to Water Aid to bring clean water to everyone
- Pack an online Christmas Shoebox with Samaritans Purse
- The Light the World “Giving Machines” are out of commission this year due to COVID-19 but there are still tons of ways to share and care.
Community Service Needs
Lend a helping hand in your community by:
- Donating to your local Food Bank and/or volunteer your time to sort cans and boxes
- Collecting socks, blankets, and coats for a local homeless shelter
- Serving food at a local soup kitchen
- Putting together toiletry kits or “Blessing Bags” for the homeless
- For more ideas in your area check out JustServe.org
Light the World Service Calendar Ideas
Are you ready to jump in and #LIGHTtheWORLD this season? “
For MORE ideas each week download this service calendar and get started with your plans to give!
The beauty of the holidays is the generous spirit that surrounds it. Whether you’re celebrating Christmas or you’ve got Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, or other wonderful plans, it’s about LOVE. ❤️Plain and simple. Love for our fellow humans. We are more alike than we are different and we all need help sometimes. I’m inviting YOU and your family to serve alongside mine this month. Will you accept the challenge?
Either way, I wish you a magical holiday season!
Pin it for Later