Are you looking for a healthy treat for Valentine’s Day? Hello, I’m Sarina, a blogger from Joy In The Commonplace. Thanks Bri for inviting me over to your blog to share a healthy Smoothie recipe for Valentine’s Day.
Over the years, it’s been our family tradition to make pink smoothies for Valentine’s Day! We love serving smoothies with heart shaped pizzas for our holiday supper. Follow along as I share how to make an easy Strawberry Banana smoothie!
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
First things first! Gather all of your ingredients and let’s get blending! I love to use a mixture of fruits and vegetables to create a yummy flavor!
Fresh Baby Spinach
Fresh Strawberries for Garnish
Ingredient Substitution Ideas
If you need a few substitution ideas, you could try these:
-Use vanilla yogurt or strawberry banana yogurt. Greek yogurt or regular will do. I would recommend a flavored yogurt to make a sweeter smoothie.
-Incorporate Kale instead of Spinach. Either one tastes just fine!
-If you don’t have orange juice on hand, try using another flavor of juice. I wouldn’t recommend using water since the juice adds a lot of flavor.
To create a fun pink color for Valentine’s Day, I used frozen Strawberries! The spinach doesn’t change the color too much as long you add only a handful of leaves.
To make these smoothies, just pour all the ingredients into the blender and blend everything until the consistency is smooth. I love my Ninja blender because it blends up my smoothie really quickly! Normally I set the speed at 2 and my smoothie is done within 30-60 seconds.
To add a fun detail for Valentine’s Day, I cut Strawberries into a heart shapes and displayed them on the side of the glass.
To create a heart Strawberry, begin with a perfectly shaped Strawberry. Then cut a sliver off of the side, from top to bottom. Cut the Strawberry slice into a heart shape, make a slit in the bottom and place on the edge of your glass.
A Strawberry Banana smoothie is such a yummy & healthy treat for Valentine’s Day! It would be a great drink with an evening meal! Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the full recipe!
Pin it for Later
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- 14 oz Strawberries frozen
- 1 Banana fresh
- 10-12 Baby spinach leaves fresh
- 1 1/2 cups Orange juice
- 1 cup Strawberry yogurt
- 3 Tb Honey (optional)
- 4 Fresh Strawberries to garnish
- Gather your ingredients and blender
- Add all of your ingredients to the blender and blend together
- Blend up the ingredients for about 30-60 seconds, or until completely smooth
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately
- Garnish glassed with heart shaped Strawberries for a fun detail!
- If you are using a Ninja blender, I recommend speed 2, as it blends really nicely.
- If you like more banana flavoring, feel free to add another fresh banana, or try Strawberry Banana Yogurt instead!
- You could also use Kale instead of Spinach.
Additional Valentines Reading:
- Queen of Hearts Royal Valentine’s Party
- DIY Queen of Hearts Card Art
- Last Minute Valentine’s Party Food Ideas