Marshmallow Cereal Bird Nest Treats for Easter
These marshmallow cereal bird nest treats were a hit at my house and I wanted to share them with all of you! Who doesn't love a sweet little bird nest treat for Easter!? Since it's basically a rice crispy treat you don't even really need a recipe but I've got a couple nutrition upgrades for you!
Affiliate links are provided for your shopping convenience. By clicking and purchasing, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. But I only recommend products I use and love. Please see my full disclosure page for any questions. Thanks for being here so we can continue providing awesome party ideas that make lives better!
I just added my own little twist to try and make it just a teensy bit healthier by using bran cereal instead of fried chow mein noodles! These aren't quite as sweet as my Chocolate peanut butter nests and they look a little more realistic which I like!
If you make these marshmallow cereal bird nest I'd love to hear about it in the comments below. And if you share photos, I want to see it too! Please tag us @partieswithacause on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. We love celebrating all your hard work!
Then join me, your Healthy Hostess for better-for-you holiday and party foods. Grab your free food substitution guide as the first step in your next healthy holiday gathering.Follow
Marshmallow Cereal Bird Nest Recipe
Healthier Easter Nest Cookies
- 2-1/2 cups All-Bran cereal
- 2 Tb Butter or dairy free option
- 1/2 bag Marshmallows mini are best
- 30 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1/4 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil or Avocado oil
- Melt marshmallows and butter on low heat, stirring continuously to prevent scorching.
- Measure cereal out into a large bowl and pour melted marshmallows over the top.
- With a large spoon stir cereal until well mixed and evenly coated with marshmallow.
- Make a disk shape with sticky cereal approximately 5" across and use your thumbs to push up the sides to create a nest shape.
- You'll want to work quickly so the cereal is still pliable by the last next.
- Once all 10 nests are created, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between.
- When melted add 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil and stir well.
- Using your spoon, drizzle chocolate across the tops of all the nests and let cool to harden.
- Store in an airtight container but they are best if eaten the same day.
- For serving, add 3 Cadbury mini eggs to the center of each nest.
Pin it for Later
More Easter Celebration Ideas
Easter Charcuterie Board Idea – Carrot Grazing Board
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bird Nest Cookies
Easter Menu for Spring Garden Table
Products To LOVE
Get your Healthy Food Susbstitution List for BEGINNERS
If you're ready to improve your lifestyle and the health of your family, join me in the "Healthy Hostess" movement. Where we serve great food to the people we love. With food that nourishes the body and events that feed the soul. Use this food subtitution list to plan more intentional holidays and gatherings. Collect healthier recipes, less stuff, and more meaningful memories, with me at Parties With A Cause.