Marshmallow Cereal Bird Nest Treats for Easter
These marshmallow cereal bird nest treats were a hit at my house and I wanted to share them with all of you! Who doesn't love a sweet little bird nest treat for Easter!? Since it's basically a rice crispy treat you don't even really need a recipe but I've got a couple nutrition upgrades for you!
Affiliate links are provided for your shopping convenience. By clicking and purchasing, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. But I only recommend products I use and love. Please see my full disclosure page for any questions. Thanks for being here so we can continue providing awesome party ideas that make lives better!
I just added my own little twist to try and make it just a teensy bit healthier by using bran cereal instead of fried chow mein noodles! These aren't quite as sweet as my Chocolate peanut butter nests and they look a little more realistic which I like!
If you make these marshmallow cereal bird nest I'd love to hear about it in the comments below. And if you share photos, I want to see it too! Please tag us @partieswithacause on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. We love celebrating all your hard work!
Then join me, your Healthy Hostess for better-for-you holiday and party foods. Grab your free food substitution guide as the first step in your next healthy holiday gathering.Follow
Marshmallow Cereal Bird Nest Recipe
Healthier Easter Nest Cookies
- 2-1/2 cups All-Bran cereal
- 2 Tb Butter or dairy free option
- 1/2 bag Marshmallows mini are best
- 30 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1/4 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil or Avocado oil
- Melt marshmallows and butter on low heat, stirring continuously to prevent scorching.
- Measure cereal out into a large bowl and pour melted marshmallows over the top.
- With a large spoon stir cereal until well mixed and evenly coated with marshmallow.
- Make a disk shape with sticky cereal approximately 5" across and use your thumbs to push up the sides to create a nest shape.
- You'll want to work quickly so the cereal is still pliable by the last next.
- Once all 10 nests are created, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between.
- When melted add 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil and stir well.
- Using your spoon, drizzle chocolate across the tops of all the nests and let cool to harden.
- Store in an airtight container but they are best if eaten the same day.
- For serving, add 3 Cadbury mini eggs to the center of each nest.