Healthy Snack for Halloween Fish Eye Chia Pudding
A healthy snack for Halloween will sound pretty good when your kids are bouncing off the wall from the constant October sugar high. Plus the slightly creepy texture of this chia pudding recipe is the perfect healthy snack for a Halloween party! Give it a name like “Fish Eye Pudding” and what kid wouldn't want to try it! 😂
But seriously, chia pudding is yummy and chia seeds have SO many amazing health benefits. If you can get your kids to try this, I'm pretty sure they'll like it.
Unless they have an issue with textures, then maybe not so much. But you can still serve them the frozen yogurt fish bones and feel good about your healthy snack for Halloween that's still a little spooky.
Healthy snack for Halloween Chia Pudding Ingredients
Coconut Chia Pudding Ingredients:
- Chia seeds
- Canned coconut milk
- Pure maple syrup, agave, or xylitol sugar substitute for Keto version
- Pure vanilla
- Plastic serving cups: Dollar Tree
Frozen Fish Bone Ingredients
- Fish bone mold
- Plain or Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Natural food coloring
- Maple syrup, agave, or xylitol sugar substitute
Food coloring note: We didn't love the taste of the Butterfly Pea in the frozen yogurt fish bones so I'd save that for a savory dish. I'd recommend using the Amethyst Acai Berry or Purple Sweet Potato supercolor powders instead.
Mix Up Chia Pudding
You seriously just need to stir it all together and let it sit overnight in the fridge. That's it. This is a snack that kids can easily make themselves for Halloween, after school, or even a healthy breakfast!
Make Your Healthy Snack MORE Fun!
BUT this treat needs a little more “creepy” as a healthy snack for Halloween. The frozen fish bones are the perfect topper to appeal to little witches and wizards everywhere. Or just a little something for your black cat.
Enjoy Your Fish Eye Chia Pudding
Be sure to snag this yummy pudding before the black cats take it away. It might even be a great ingredient for a witch's spooky spell. This chia pudding with coconut milk would also make an awesome kitty cat party treat for a Black Cat Halloween Party, or Kitty Cat Birthday.
Fish Eye Coconut Chia Pudding
Coconut Chia Pudding
- 5 TB Chia seeds
- 2 Cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 TB Pure Maple syrup (sub agave or Xylitol)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Frozen Fish Bones
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 TB Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Amethyst Acai Superpower or other natural food color
Coconut Chia Pudding
- Measure all ingredients into mixing bowl
- Use whisk to mix all chia seeds and remove any clumps
- Cover and place in fridge overnight
- Stir in morning and garnish with berries, whipped cream, or frozen fish bones!
Frozen Fish Bones
- Mix together yogurt, sweetener, and food color until smooth
- Pour into clean fish bone mold
- Place in freezer for several hours
- Remove carefully so you don't crack a rib, and place on bowl of coconut chia pudding just before serving.
- If using vanilla yogurt for frozen fish bones, additional sweetener isn't necessary
Pin it for Later
13 Days of Halloween – Day 1 Halloween Snacks
Welcome to the the 13 Days of Halloween Inspiration! We'll be bringing you great ideas everyday! Today is all about Healthy snacks for Halloween, and some not so healthy treats! I hope you enjoyed our Fish Eye Chia pudding and I'm loving the fun ideas by my friends below.
Halloween Charcuterie Board
How about this fun Halloween Charcuterie Board from Jordan's Easy Entertaining!? Love the purple color palette and variety of fruit and savory.
More fun Halloween Snacks:
- Mummy Frozen Bananas Healthy Halloween Treat
- Chocolate Raspberry Spooky Halloween Dessert Shooters
- Halloween Apothecary Poison Apples
- Red Velvet Brain Cake Tutorial
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Rounds
Day 2: Then join us again tomorrow for great ideas on Halloween decor you can DIY from the Dollar Store!