Easy Recycled Egg Carton Flower Craft for Mother's Day
Try an Egg Carton Flower craft this spring for Earth Day or they make a great gift for Mother's Day! This little craft is so easy the kids can do it with a little bit of help and still make them look beautiful.
Plus it's made from recycled egg cartons, for an eco friendly gift you can feel great about.
Affiliate links are provided for your shopping convenience. By clicking and purchasing, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. But I only recommend products I use and love. Please see my full disclosure page for any questions. Thanks for being here so we can continue providing awesome party ideas that make lives better!
Egg Carton Flower Craft Supplies
You only need a few supplies for these cute egg carton flowers. And I was able to pick most of it up at my local Dollar Tree, which is a bonus!
- Clean paper egg carton
- Craft paint
- Paint brushes – I love the foam ones
- Buttons or other embellishments for the flower centers
- Green pipe cleaners
- Glue gun
How to Make Egg Carton Flower Video
It's pretty easy to make these beauties. Take a look at the video and watch me make a couple. Or follow along with the instructions here:
- Cut out your egg “cups” and trim each side into 4 rounded petals
- Paint each flower inside and out with desired color
- While flowers dry, shape your pipe cleaners into stems with leaves by creating a loop about 1/3 the way down and giving it a twist. Make sure the ends of the pipe cleaner are straight to create the stem, and the loop can be shaped into the leaf.
- Hot glue the pipe cleaner onto the back of the flower and press down until cool
- Hot glue a button or other embellishment into the center of each flower and press
- Arrange in a vase, attach to a shadow box frame, or just give flowers as a tied bouquet to someone who deserves a little extra love.
*TIP: If you have thin pipe cleaners the flower heads will droop with the weight, so double up your pipe cleaners or wrap the stems of several flowers together before adding to the vase.
Display Egg Carton Flowers
This simple egg carton flower craft makes a fabulous gift for all the amazing ladies in your life for Mother's Day. It's also a fun activity for Earth Day.
If you make these fun flowers, I'd love to hear about it in the comments below. And if you share photos, I want to see it too! Please tag us @partieswithacause on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. We love celebrating all your hard work!
Then join me, your Healthy Hostess for better-for-you holiday and party foods. Grab your free food substitution guide as the first step in your next healthy holiday gathering.Follow